Thursday, June 30, 2011

Here We Go Again

With Round #4, my Dr decided to check my insulin levels.  Women with PCOS have imbalanced insulin and blood sugar levels.  Alot of times, they respond well to Metformin.  So, my Dr decided to put me on to 1500 mg of Metformin every day.  I wasn't a big fan of this, mainly because I had been on Metformin for 9 months before Reagan and it didn't do diddly.  But, I was willing to give it a chance.  So, I started the stair climb to get up to 1500 mg.  500 mg the first week, 1000 mg the second, 1500 mg the third.  By doing this, the side effects aren't as noticeable.  I was pretty good at taking the pills, but having to take one with breakfast, one with lunch, and another at dinner was hard for me.  I don't normally take pills, so I forgot quite a bit.

I followed the plan for my 100 mg Clomid, days 6-10.  Started my OPK testing on day 14, a little later than the Dr recommends, but since I don't ovulate until around day 20, I figured I was fine.  So, imagine my surprise when I never receive a + OPK.  I called my Dr, but they weren't helpful.  They really just brushed it off thinking that I just missed my LH surge.  I was sure that adding the Metformin into the mix stopped me from ovulating.. regardless of what the Dr said.  I stopped the Metformin that day.. I was that sure.  It never helped me when we were trying for Reagan, so I figured that was my problem.

Since my period never did arrive when it was scheduled and the pregnancy test was negative, I had to call the Dr to get a prescription for Provera.  A drug that will start your period.  Once my period started, I was going to be able to start on Round #5.

No comments:

Post a Comment