Tuesday, June 21, 2011

About Me

This is my first blog post ever!  I have come over to the dark side... muahaha. 

I had tossed around the idea of a blog for quite some time, I've heard its a good way to vent and just ramble on about topics you can't talk to anyone else about.  So that's what I'm doing.. I really don't have any friends that are going through the same journey as me.  And those that I do have, I don't feel like burdening them all the time.. so cyber space, you get me! =P

So a little history about me...

I will be 27 in a couple weeks.  I have been married for almost 5 years and I have a 2 year old daughter.  My husband, Ted, and I have been trying to conceive our second child since January 2011. For most couples, they decide 'O, lets have a baby.'  So they get off of birth control and the next month.. BAM!  They're pregnant.  These people don't realize how lucky they are.  As for me, I have PCOS, polycystic ovary syndrome.  This means that my body doesn't produce the correct amounts of hormones to cause me to ovulate.  No ovulation means no way to get pregnant.  We discovered that I had PCOS when we decided to try for baby #1.  We went off birth control in May 2007.  Come August 2007, I still had not had a period, so I went to my doctor.  Had blood tests run, a couple ultrasounds done, and got the diagnoses.  My doctor put me on Metformin, a drug that is supposed to help with insulin levels.  This drug did nothing for me.  I was on it for 9 months and I never had a period!  I finally asked my doctor what else could be done and she prescribed Clomid.  Clomid is a drug that causes ovulation.  The first month on it, I finally had a period!  I didn't get pregnant, but I was hopeful because something finally caused me to ovulate!  The second month on it, I became pregnant with my daughter.  It took us 13 months from the time I went off birth control to the time I became pregnant.  But at least we found a drug that worked!  So once Reagan arrived, I went back on birth control and figured when it time for baby #2, we'd just hop back onto Clomid and in a couple rounds, I'd be pregnant.  That has definitely not been the case.

This blog will be my thoughts and feelings as I go through my journey for baby #2 and hopefully beyond.  It's a hard and bumpy road, that I'll take one day at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment